Simple Woodturning Tools COMBO: Mid Size Rougher, Turner & Hollower and Detailer Carbide Wood Turning Hand Tool Set with Interchangeable Handle for Wood Lathe (3 Tools w/Brilliant Red handle) USA Made
Brand: Simple Woodturning Tools
MPN: Does not apply
- Manufacturer: Harrison Specialties
- Item Weight: 2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 2 x 12 inches
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Color: Red
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Handle Material: Solid Aluminum
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Date First Available: August 7, 2015
- Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools: Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head 14 turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
- Handle Details: The most beautiful, solid aluminum lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance & durability. Beautifully powdercoated to a brilliant finish to last for years. Overall length is 12"; outside diameter is 1 1/8"; tool opening is 3/8" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws
- Mid Size Tool Details: Premium quality, American-made, CNC machined from 3/8 square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. These mid size carbide tools feature an overall length of 9", with a handle tang of 3/8" diameter x 2" length.
- Tool Use: The mid size Simple Turner & Hollower is ideal for turning small bowls, handles, bottle stoppers, etc. The mid size Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms. The mid size Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool is perfect for cutting small details or a dovetail tennon. It can also be used as a parting tool.
- Tool Engraving: Each Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic mid size Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters. MSTH = Mid-Size Simple Turner and Hollower. MSR = Mid-Size Simple Rougher. MS55D = Mid-Size Simple 55 Detailer
The introduction of carbide lathe tools has greatly simplified wood turning! With Simple Woodturning Tools it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning as soon as your box arrives. Gone forever is the long learning curve where precise angles and special tool presentation techniques must be mastered. Also gone is the need to master many sharpening techniques before you can even begin to turn, not to mention the expense of all that sharpening equipment. This set contains: Mid Size Simple Rougher (MSR) - Typically the first tool used to quickly rough a block to a cylinder and shape the profile.Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower (MSTH) - A great all around carbide wood turning tool that's the simplest turning & hollowing tool to master on the market today. Carbide cutter is 1/2" round with a flat top.Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer (MS55D) - For fine detail work such as beads and coves in spindles. Perfect for cutting the dovetail tenon needed for holding a block in a 4 jaw chuck. T15 & T20 Torx star tip wrenches are included to rotate cutters. Tool details: Material: CNC machined 3/8" solid stainless steelOverall tool length: 9"Handle tang: 2" x 3/8" diameterEach tool is designed with a square shaft making it easy to keep tools flat on the tool rest.Mid size tools are recommended for turnings under 6" in diameter. Handle Details: CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for durability and balanceBeautifully powder coated for a brilliant finish to last for yearsOverall length: 12", Outside diameter: 1 1/8", Opening for tool: 3/8" diameterTools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws with the included 1/8" allen key100% USA made by American craftsmanMost beautiful lathe tool handles on the market Benefits of Carbide Simple Woodturning Tools Simple to use for all skill levels Woodturning is fast and more enjoyable You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening No long learning curve No expensive sharpening equipment Begin turning as soon as your box arrives! The Mid Size Simple Turner and Hollower - Simple & Effective Ideally suited for small and mid size projects where the full size tools as just to clumsy. Some examples include pens, Christmas ornaments, bottle stoppers, handles and bowls, just to name a few. To use the Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower just follow these 3 simple steps. Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work. Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches. Read more The Mid Size Simple Rougher - Simplify Roughing When roughing with the mid size Simple Rougher you'll notice right away most of the shock created by interrupted cuts during roughing is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands and arms. As you begin to move the tool across the turning block you'll see how fast these carbide tools cut and how much simpler roughing is. It won’t be long until your block is a cylinder and you'll get your first look at what your turning will become. In addition to roughing you'll notice the mid size Simple Rougher is a great tool for shaping the outside radius of a bowl and for turning beads on spindle turnings. Straight line turning is also simplified and it's also a great tool for hollowing out the inside of a bowl. If you're making a box or other vessel that requires square inside corners and a flat bottom this is the tool of choice for that as well. Read more The Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer - Intricate Detail Work The design of the mid size Simple 55° Detailer lends itself perfectly to small intricate detail work such as turning beads, cover finials, boxes and other final details on spindle and bowl turnings. The special shape of the diamond cutter allows access to tight places where the cutter on other tools simply can't be used. Also it is also very useful for making outside chuck tenons and reverse angle inside cuts so bowls can be chucked with dovetail jaws. If you use a 4 jaw chuck to hold your turnings this tool is a must and will be used on every turning. As you use this tool you will soon see the wonderful small details that can added to your turnings. It will quickly become one of your favorite tools and used regularly. Read more Tool Engraving Helps Identify Cutter Selection Each Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Here's how you would find them: Authentic Simple Woodturning Tools - replacement cutter for Mid Size Simple Rougher (fits tools engraved with MSR)Authentic Simple Woodturning Tools - replacement cutter for Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower (fits tools engraved with MSTH)Authentic Simple Woodturning Tools - replacement cutter fits Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer (tool engraved with MS55D)These tools will also accept negative rake replacement cutters for turning resin, acrylic or soft woods, if desired. Note: These are MID SIZE tools. Full size tools do not have the letter M preceding (for example STH) and those cutters will not fit these mid size tools. Read more
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device