DCT Wood Marking Gauge Woodworking Marking Knife – Dovetail Marker Wood Scribe Woodworking Marking Gauge Marking Tool
- Manufacturer: Deadwood Crafted Tools
- Part Number: 9768
- Item Weight: 6.3 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches
- Item model number: 9768
- Material: Metal
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Warranty Description: This product has a manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase. See our Seller Return Policy for more details.
- Date First Available: October 23, 2018
- PREVENT TEAR OUTS: Use the DCT | Marking Knife Woodworking Wood Scribe Tool to avoid tear outs (peripheral chips) when routing joints on a jig; This wood marking knife is perfect for marking precision joinery, hairline layout marks, and quick measurement transfers; Creates straight lines (not curved for circles or ellipses); Also use this wood marking tool as a router depth gauge
- DUAL MEASUREMENTS: 8-inch (20.3cm) long dual marking gauge rod includes SAE 1 to 6 inch and metric 1cm to 15 cm centimeter measurements on either side and include tick marks that graduate in increments of 1/8-inch and 1mm for easy reference; Markings are laser-engraved and then painted to prevent scales from wearing off over time
- SAFE STORAGE: Screw that holds the marking gauge wheel to the dovetail gauge measuring rod is recessed and retracts into the cutting gauge face and sits flush with the cutting wheel for protection when not in use and easy vertical storage
- BUILT TO LAST: 1.57-inch (39.9mm) diameter face and knurled lock nut thumbscrew constructed from solid brass; 0.47-inch (12mm) diameter hardened steel marking wheel allows you to slice across wood grain easily; Face glides against edge of the workpiece for smooth marking with or against the grain; We recommend sharpening the wheel between uses
- EASY TO USE: Marking wheel is fixed, and a quick turn of the locking knob makes adjustments fast and easy; Make hairline layout marks both with and across wood grain; Single-sided bevel edge wheel pulls the smooth gauge face against stock and follows the edge of the wood with no snagging or binding so it scribes a fine line without tearing wood fibers or wandering around the grain; The cutting wheel cleanly draws against the timber edge to prevent wavering lines
If you want to improve your joinery skills but find it difficult to align the depth of dovetail cuts, use the DCT | Wheel Marking Gauge Woodworking Scribe. This mortise gauge prevents tear outs (peripheral chips) when routing joints on a jig, marking precision joinery, hairline layout marks, and quick measurement transfers. The marking tools woodworking scribe tool includes 1-6 inch and 1-15cm measurements in increments of 1/8-inch and 1mm. Choose between using the wheel locked or free-spinning depending on what you feel works best. Simply apply a threadlocker coating (not included) on the screw and tighten to your preference. The cutting edge is sharp enough to leave a perfect line on the workpiece. We recommend sharpening between uses. Replacement wheel cutter not included. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which is [are] known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device